I am herewith posting my aunt's (Uma) chocolate cake.My Aunt says....
This is heavenly and very easy to make. At my home, the time for baking is longer than for the cake to vanish.
All Purpose Flour - 1 1/3 Cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 2 Tbsp
Baking Powder - 2 Tsp
Salt - 1 pinch
Sugar - 1 Cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 Tbsp
Milk - 1/2 Cup
Oil - 1/2 Cup
Eggs - 2
Ingredients for frosting
Heavy Cream - 2/3 Cup
Semi sweet chocolate - 9oz
1) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Grease two 9 inch cake tins
3) Mix Flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and vanilla essence in a bowl
4) Add milk, oil and well beaten eggs
5) Mix everything together with an electric mixer on low for about 2-3 minutes until everything is well blended
6) Transfer the mixture to the cake tins and bake for about 35-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7) If using 1 cake tin, slice thru' the middle of the cake to make it two layers.
Method of Frosting
1) Heat the heavy cream in a sauce pan.
2) Remove from heat, add finely chopped semi sweet chocolate and stir until it melts and the mixture becomes thick. Let it cool
3) Use 1/3 of the frosting between the cake layers, 1/3 on top and the rest around the cake.
4) I decorated with Hersheys to give it an extra zing!!!
Sending this Divya's Best Chocolate Cake Event and i wish all the very best Divya